Many Hats

Many Hats
Many Hats

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thirsty Thursday from my Mixologist Hat

Now I know many of you are expecting some wild, "Rock your world, make the ground swallow you whole then spit you back out, smack me across the buttocks and call me sugar plum" drink.

This is not it.

It is, however, quite tasty, pretty good for you and a quick and easy way to get your day started.

Morning Mango Smoothie

1 Cup skim milk
2/3 Cup nonfat plain yogurt
3/4 Cup frozen mango chunks
1/4 Cup frozen green beans
(don't make that face, they actually give it a pleasant after taste and add nutrients)
1 calorie free drink packet peach mango green tea

Here is the nutritional breakdown (and if you have a website that does this for me when I input my own recipes, that would be awesome...PLEASE SHARE!)

Total Calories:   269
Calories from fat:  7
Total Fat:  Not enough to count
Cholesterol:   8mg
Sodium:  254mg
Total Carbs:  45g
Fiber Carbs:  3
Sugar Carbs:  37
Protein:  18g
Vitamin A:   49%
Vitamin C:   32%
Calcium:  81%
Iron:  8%
Potassium:   388mg

Now, don't get too nickpicky about some of these numbers.  This is as close as I could come and they are fairly accurate but I cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, afterall, I did this with pencil and paper.
 I cannot take full credit for this lovely start to the day.  My bestiest buddy Missy gave me the basic recipe and I have only tweeked in in a minor fashion.  I can send you her email addy if you wish to send her your compliments/complaints.  (Love you Missy!)


I do have another mango drink to share with you another time...and it is one of those tasty, head turning type beverages.  Keep watch, it'll be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment