Many Hats

Many Hats
Many Hats

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm Sorry Mom

I would like to take this opportunity to say, "I'm sorry mom."

I'm sorry for every eye roll in teenage angst when I was completely convinced you were without a clue as to what I was dealing with.

I'm sorry for every wake up call you gave me so that I could be on time even though I was fully capable of getting myself up, I was just too lazy to make it a priority.

I'm sorry for every phone call from school asking you to bring this or that massively important object that I left behind because I was too busy complaining about being up to think about what I needed.

I'm sorry for every time I spoke to you as if you had 3 heads and couldn't possibly understand the words coming out of my mouth unless they were layered with attitude and frosted with barely concealed disgust.

I'm sorry for the late nights you spent waiting for me to get back from some event with no regard for your schedule.

I'm sorry for all the rides I promised to my friends without asking you first if it was convienent or even possible.

I'm sorry for making you tell me to clean my room, shut off the light, do the dishes, or any other every day chore that I thought was beneath me and therefore ignored until you nagged me so I could be superior and angry again for your constant lack of understanding.

I'm sorry for not appreciating all that you did every day to make my life comfortable, secure and safe.

I'm sorry for not listening to you when you tried to get me to work harder in school.

I'm sorry for every grade I got that was less than my best.

I'm sorry for every hair I turned grey with my lack of thought beyond my own pleasures, wants and needs.

I'm sorry for every petty fight with my siblings that could have been and should have been avoided.  (Even though they sometimes deserved it)

I'm sorry for the damage I did to the house during some of these fights with my siblings.  (Most of which was their fault after all)

I'm sorry for every worry I put you though with my recklessness and lack of respect for others property.

And I'm very sorry you had to put up with all of this from my siblings 10 times more than you ever did with me, cause we all know I was the good one.

Love you mom!!!

1 comment: