Many Hats

Many Hats
Many Hats

Monday, September 5, 2011

Mother, Daughter, Aunt, Niece, Sister Hats

So, Friday we all showed up at the old homestead to celebrate Labor Day and a few birthdays as well.  As far flung and busy as we all are it is pretty difficult, nay, impossible to all get together for each birthday so we kinda clump them and have at.  Friday we celebrated my mom's, my uncle's and 1 of the niece's birthdays.  The niece turned 13, yep, another teenager in the family.  The other ages are not important enough and possibly a bit dangerous for me to post. 

How do we celebrate you ask?  Like any good red blooded American family...we eat, and eat, and eat.  Fresh fruit, cheese, meat and crackers and deviled eggs were the munchies while we all gather.  This was also a time to teach one fo the kids how to makes a few dishes.  She did very well with macaroni salad (which is pretty important to get right in our family) and the deviled eggs (I told her to look at the spices and used what sounded good.  Her best choice, bacon bits!!)  Then the main course, all that (except the deviled eggs, they went pretty fast)  Grilled chicken breast, corn on the cob, macaroni salad (are you drooling yet?), tomato mozzarella salad, tomato cucumber salad and fresh fruit.  Ate till we couldn't anymore, pretty typical, then opened presents.  This is a standard set up for a birthday day at my folks place.  I know I need to get better at adding pictures, you know, like any at all would be an improvement.  I will get there, I promise.

As posts go, this one is pretty boring.  I'll do better next time.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment