Many Hats

Many Hats
Many Hats

Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Morning Music - Appropriateness

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Stop swearing at me!

I am starting to believe that some DJ's have a very warped sense of humor.  This is very apparent on Monday mornings as I am gulping down coffee on my drive to work.  Most Monday's is the usual, couple of songs, a bit of news, a joke that they think is funny.  They're usually not but the DJ thinks it's very clever I suppose.  Normally I listen to XM radio but in the morning I like to switch over to the local shows so I can catch at least a bit of news and the weather.  These are the warped DJ's of which I speak.  For 4 weeks straight when I switched to the local programming, I heard "Red Solo Cup" by Toby Keith.  Now I ask you, would that get you revved up on a Monday, or wish it was Friday and now you've got this whooooole week to get through.  Not Nice! 

Other songs not appreciated (at least by me) on a Monday morning would be:
Eric Church's "Drink in My Hand"

George Jone's "It's Finally Friday"


Alan Jackson's "Good Time".  I know it is hard to believe that any Alan Jackson song might be on any list of inappropriate and, honestly, I would still sing along and enjoy it, but it is a weekend aimed song that does make the week seem so much longer.

What other songs would you rather not hear on a Monday morning commute to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment