Many Hats

Many Hats
Many Hats

Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Morning Music - Music Lover's Hat

I, like many people, am completely addicted to music.  I don't think of this as a bad thing, although the word addiction does have that connotation, because not all addictions are dangerous.  I fully admit that a car ride of over 5 minutes without some noise, usually the radio, is mind numbingly bad.  My daughter feels mostly the same way so it works out well although she wishes I picked different stations most of the time.  She and I will sing along to many of the songs on good days and let the music uplift our moods on bad days.  It's really kind of magical the effect that music can have on a person.  Strong reactions, good or bad, are not uncommon.  As I was having these thought this morning I decided I would pick 1 song I hear every Monday morning and share it with all of you. (yes, all 4 of you, lol) Since Thanksgiving is officially over I am comfortable listening to Christmas music (although I will give my daughter a break now and then or she will go stark raving mad) and this morning I heard one of my all time favorites, "Little Drummer Boy?Peace on Earth" by Bing Crosby and David Bowie.  It is a truly marvelous blending of these 2 very different voices, styles and times in musical history.  Please enjoy and let the wonder of the season wash over you, whatever the season you celebrate might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment