Many Hats

Many Hats
Many Hats

Monday, October 15, 2012

BIG WHOOP for my Mom Hat

Hello again!  I know I have been remiss in updating this blog for many months and I am sorry that I let it go so long, but, as my daughter would say, "it's no big whoop!"

Right?  What does that mean exactly?  What is a whoop and when is it big or little? 

I assume but her tone and eye rolling that when she says this that I must be doing my typical over-reacting thing to whatever she is doing that I find offensive but she seems to think is unworthy of noticing.  Since I seem to be unable to distinguish between a BIG WHOOP and a little whoop, I guess I need some help, so here is a list of things and you can tell me if it is a BIG WHOOP or not.

1.  Not turning off the fish lamp so the poor mindless things can have a day or night.  I think not a big whoop.  Irritating but really, they only have a 3 second memory span so do they really care?  Probably not.

2.  Not replacing the toilet paper when you use the last of it.  Not a big whoop, again, irritating but let's be honest, we've all left the last 3 sheets on purpose once in a while so we didn't have to change the roll.

3.  Blatantly showing disrespectful behavior to a person of authority through vulgar hang gestures.  BIG WHOOP.  Totally unacceptable and worthy of major consequences.  This is a behavior that needs to stop immediately.  No matter how you feel about authority figures they are a reality and you will need to be able to deal with them in your life so learn how to now and make a few of those self made bumps a little smaller.

4.  Late to class once, maybe twice.  Not a big whoop.  Things happen and I understand this.  I think it is important to try to be on time but reality sometimes interfere.  However, late to class frequently and chronically, BIG WHOOP.  Now it's on purpose and another show of disrespect.  Unacceptable.

5.  Forgetting to turn off the lights.  Not a big whoop.  Irritating when it happens over and over and over and over again, but in the grand scheme of things it probably costs me and extra $.035 before I get up and turn it off.  I can live with that.  Not happy about it but not going to start a war over it...yet.

6.  Walking out back in the dark at 9pm with your Kindle to find a wifi hot sport so you can text your boyfriend, whom we have just dropped off, or get on facebook or whatever, ignoring the mother voice that calls for you and returning when you are bloody well done.  keep in mind you have been told on more than 1 occasion that being out when it is that dark is not OK and not answering the mother voice is never ok.  BIIIIIGGGGGGG WHHHOOOOOOOPPPPPP!!!!!!  Wanna push my button?!  You found it.  Wasn't too hard either, was it?  Then tell me I'm over reacting and "It's no big whoop" will probably make the top of my head come completely off so the fires can shoot through the ceiling unimpeded.

7.  Playing your radio loud enough that I hear it across your room, through your door, down the stairs and over the noise of the TV, thus forcing me to leave what I am doing, mount the stairs, knock and tell you turn it down.  Your response to this is 98% of the time (yes, I kept track) to say something rude about it not being that loud or so what or I don't care.  It gets turned down until the next favorite song comes on and then we start over.  I suppose this should be a big whoop but I am so used to it that I think I'll put this in just the whoop column, no big or little associated. It is certainly annoying and I wish you would listen but overall I guess I'll live through this one, so you can too.


8.  Lie to my face.  Pretty much about anything will always be a BIG WHOOP.  Get that message right now.  Lying is never ok and the more you do it the angrier I will get.  Think it's cute to say I can't prove it was a lie?  Go ahead, challenge me, cause when I shove the proof under your nose, smear i through your make up and shove it down your throat (figuratively of course) you will eat the words and, hopefully, have a better understand of my lack of stupid.  BIIIGGG WWHHOOOOOOP!

So I put it to you now.  How would you rate these (of course completely made up) scenarios on a whoop scale?

No comments:

Post a Comment